Tuesday, November 29, 2005

#93 - Vote for Me!

UPDATE: Heh. I really need to do a better job of reading the fine print. I missed the deadline for nominations, so I'm out of the running. (Was never really in the running, truthfully.) Maybe next year. In the meantime, I'm still planning to vote. I'll browse through the finalists when they're announced and let you know whom I'm supporting.



Thought I'd try something different this year. Wizbang is hosting their third Weblog Awards, and the polling begins (hopefully!) this Thursday, December 1. They've created a few new categories this year, and one of them happens to be "Best Parenting Blog." I considered going for the humor category, but that's a pretty thick field, and some deeply talented (and probably deeply disturbed) folks are already nominated. Besides, The Inner Dad is all about being a Dad and enjoying the family experience. If I don't fit in this category, I don't fit.

I'm leaving the Woundup out of the running for the same reason I didn't try for the humor category. It is ostensibly a conservative blog, but I don't dedicate it enough to the political scene to be much of a candidate. There again, it's a deep field. Folks much smarter than I am are nominated and sure to capture the award.

I must say, though, that this is not about trying to win an actual award. That sort of thing is for the linkage sycophants who live or die by their ratings in the Ecosystem. (TTLB is updating their programming again, and you never heard such whining!) That's not what Inner Dad (or even the Woundup) is all about. I just feel there's a real niche for family-friendly blogs that has yet to be fully exploited, and I'd like Inner Dad to be there when it is. To put it another way: if you want to find a good conservative blog, you would have little trouble finding one. If you want to find a blog showing the humorous (yet family-friendly!) side of parenting, it gets a bit tougher. We need a bigger voice.

So, visit the polls when they open, and put in a good word for The Inner Dad. I know I can count on at least three or four votes out there! As soon as the polls are active, I'll change the image above to link directly to them.

Cheers.

No comments: