Saturday, April 23, 2005

#35 - Saturday TV

It's Saturday morning in the Woody household. Although the morning is waning, only one Woodyette - the older one - is awake yet. The smaller one must be having another growth spurt.

Now, when I was a kid, Saturday morning invariably meant vegetating in front of the venerable Boob Tube. You name it, I watched it. I'm not ashamed to admit that in my Saturday-induced sloth, I watched everything from Magilla Gorilla to Josie and the Pussycats (I grew up with co-ed siblings and some sacrifice on my part was expected). The primary reason I have mush for brains today is because I memorized the entire stable of Warner Bros. cartoons.

Woodyette Number One wandered out to the TV room and asked to watch...

Rachael Ray.

I kid you not. Rather than watch some made-to-dumb-down-kids TV fare, she would rather watch one of the Food Network divas in action.

She's been somewhat obsessed with Ms. Ray of late, probably because her "$40 a Day" show takes her to so many neat locales in the country. My youngster loves travel shows, and equally enjoys cooking shows. Her Rachael Ray fixation, then, is no big surprise. Personally, Ray's kilowatt grin is a bit much for me after a half hour or so, but I do enjoy her "30 Minute Meals" show... good stuff!

(On a related note: Mrs. Woody and I are back on our modified Dr. Phil's "Rapid Start" program for awhile... Suddenly even Emeril's cooking is starting to look good!)

Anyway, and most unfortunately for my daughter, Rachael does not appear on the Saturday morning radar. She had to settle for "Blue's Clues" and "Rolie Polie Olie" instead.

I must say she's taking the disappointment well.

UPDATE: Baby Sis points out my failings as a speller of childrens' shows. I blame "Magilla Gorilla."

UPDATE II: Also "Gigantor."

UPDATE III: Rachael is on in the afternoon! Saturday is saved!

No comments: